The Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation considers the health and safety of our school community as a top priority. The FDA has issued an extension of the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), allowing the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 5 years of age and older. As such, in conjunction with the St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, we are offering a free COVID-19 Vaccination clinic for all students, staff, and parents/guardians.
This voluntary event is being held after school hours as a convenience for those families wishing to participate. P-H-M recognizes and respects family decisions in regards to non-IDOH immunization requirements.
Who can get the vaccine?
- The vaccine is now available for children 5 - 11 and everyone age 12 and older. For the scheduled dates, we are providing an opportunity for any P-H-M student, parent/guardian, and staff member eligible to be vaccinated with their first dose, second dose, or booster shots to those already vaccinated.
- Only the Pfizer vaccine is approved for the ages 5-11 age group at this time. Two doses of the Pfizer vaccine are needed to provide full immunization. The first one primes the immune system, helping it to recognize the virus, and the second one strengthens the immune response. If the vaccine you received requires two doses, you should receive both doses, the second dose for this age group being 3 weeks after the first dose. An individual is considered fully protected 2-weeks after the second/last dose.
When will the vaccinations be offered?
- Tuesday, January 18th, 5-7:30 p.m.
Where will the vaccinations be offered?
- The walk-up clinic will take place at Schmucker Middle School
- Please enter through Door C (see map). Please note that this is the same door as the previous clinics.
Schmucker Middle School
56045 Bittersweet Rd. Mishawaka 46545.
Keynotes about the vaccine for ages 5 -11?
- All children in the eligible group of ages 5-11 will have to be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Children ages 5 through 11 years receive one-third of the adult dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Smaller needles, designed specifically for children, are used for children ages 5 through 11 years.
- COVID-19 vaccine dosage does not vary by patient weight but by age on the day of vaccination.
- Your child will need a second shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine three weeks after their first shot.
- The experience of getting a COVID-19 vaccine will be very similar to the experience of getting routine vaccines. Use the tips to support your child before, during, and after routine vaccinations when getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
Registration Form (needed for 1st dose Only):
- Pre Registration will NOT be required. Individuals will be served in the order in which they arrive.
If possible, please print off and complete the registration before arrival.
LINK: Registration (English)
- Although there is NO COST to the participants, St. Joseph Health Systems asks that you please bring your insurance cards & state-issued IDs to help the registration process. If you do not have insurance, you will not be turned away.
If the dates or times won’t work for my family, how can I sign up to get vaccinated elsewhere?