Six P-H-M Schools Earn “Four Star School” DesignationPosted on February 28, 2018
The Indiana Department of Education released the list of Four Star Schools and six P-H-M schools have earned that distinction. P-H-M is in the Top 5 of Four Star Schools in the state, out of approximately 300 public school districts.
P-H-M’s Four Star Schools for the 2016-17 school year are:
- Discovery Middle School
- Horizon Elementary School
- Meadow’s Edge Elementary School
- Northpointe Elementary School
- Prairie Vista Elementary School
- Penn High School
Meadow’s Edge is one of P-H-M’s five Title I schools and is in the top 1% of Title I schools in the state to be named a Four Star School (one of 9 out of 900)! This is the second year in a row Meadow’s Edge has earned this recognition.
The IDOE’s criteria to be named a Four Star School changed from the 2015-16 school year. To qualify for the 2016-17 recognition, a school must meet the following criteria:
- A school must have received an “A” for the 2016-2017 school year.
- A school must have tested at least 95% of students on ISTEP English/Language Arts and Math.
- Grade 3-8 & Grade 10 combined ISTEP Pass Percentage (Pass Percentage of English/Language Arts ISTEP + Pass Percentage of Math ISTEP) must be in Top 25th Percentile for each grade tested. (minimum of 10 students).
- Grade 3-8 & Grade 10 Percent Passing Both ISTEP (Percent of students who passed both the English/Language Arts ISTEP + Math ISTEP) must be in the Top 25th Percentile. (minimum of 10 students).
Last Modified May 13, 2019