Prairie Vista tennis courts renamed

Posted on July 26, 2016

 

The Penn-Harris-Madison Board of School Trustees voted at the Monday, July 25, 2016 Board Meeting to approve the sponsorship agreement between the P-H-M Education Foundation and Saint Joseph Health System.

This agreement gives SJHS the opportunity to rename the tennis courts at Prairie Vista Elementary School “Saint Joseph Health System Tennis Courts at Prairie Vista” in exchange for a $10,000 donation to the P-H-M Education Foundation endowment. The naming rights will be for a 12-year period.

Per PHMEF’s naming rights fundraising campaign, 80 percent of the donation will go into the Education Foundation’s endowment, which will in turn provide alternative and additional funding for various co-curricular and extracurricular programs district wide. The remaining 20 percent will directly fund the school district’s professional development initiatives for P-H-M teachers. Continuing education and training of teachers is a major priority for P-H-M School Corporation.

The mission of the Education Foundation is to develop alternative sources of income to support education initiatives in the School Corporation by strengthening partnerships between the community and the District. The Foundation awards innovative teaching grants, scholarships to students, and other corporation-wide initiatives. You can read about the Education Foundation’s Srpring 2016 grant awards or their 20th Anniversary Gala that raised aprroximately $100,000.

Separate from the P-H-M Education Foundation’s naming rights partnership with Saint Joseph Health System for Prairie Vista’s tennis courts, another fundraising initiative has been underway since Spring 2015 to resurface the tennis courts. No portion of the Saint Joseph Health System sponsorship contributed to the court refurbishment project; the naming rights are not related to the resurfacing of the tennis courts. The cost of resurfacing of the courts was paid for by Penn-Harris-Madison School District, a grant from the United States Tennis Association and private donations by the P-H-M Education Foundation, Prairie Vista families, community members and local businesses. You can read more about that project by reading this story

Last Modified May 13, 2019

2-Hour Example

Due to the weather, there will be a 2-hour delay tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 1, 2019. Bus schedules will begin exactly two hours later than the usual time. Morning Kids Club, Head Start and morning PennPALS classes are all canceled. Early Learning Academy will operate on a 2-hour delay.

Click here for the middle schools two-hour delay class schedules. 

Tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 1 is a Gold Day for Penn. Click for Penn High School’s 2-hour delay schedule.